Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sorry I haven't posted any words in awhile, been mostly focusing on photos. For those of you who keep with this blog (all six of you) you'll remember how I boasted waking up at six every morning and taking in the world, writing and painting. Dear God, how life has changed. I haven't slept in days and the alarm barely wakes me up in the mornings. I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's strange how much your life changes in an instant. I realize that sounds very shopworn, been uttered a thousand times, but I see this little boy in front of me and I see the possibilities of a life arc in front of me. All the possibilities that a life could take. My friend Jon used to tell me that waking up in the morning, you can face the day with an infinite number of possibilities. How is it we choose the ones we do? I have so much stubbornness in me that I have resisted looking at my own contoured arc of a life so far and ahead.

Well, that's enough of the new father poet posturing.

All is well within the household. We are all growing each day a little bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home