Thursday, February 17, 2005

Tonight seems slower than usual. Unusually fast paced before now it eases on ahead at a snail's pace. The minutes may move forward but my head stands still.

I'm sorry. That all sounds so very cryptic. My head is in a million places. I am thinking of my friend and of the world around us and as cheesy as that sounds that's exactly what I am thinking. The walls of our apartment disappear and I sit wide open trying to organize each falling thought in some hindu zen whatever kind of order. I am finally realizing something important. Maybe I just ate too much and am getting sleepy. Atticus and mom and Gabrielle are out visiting. I am home alone.

Health update: they found a cyst on the right lobe of my brian measuring about 6 cm by 3 cm by 2 cm, The neurologist assures me that it is normal, I may have even been born with it. That leaves only the cardiologist's results, though the neurologist did order another MRI just to make sure.

Miss Megan Douglas has sent in her playlist. A nice fat one too, props to her for including a song off of Lagaan. What a wonderful surprise. Have any of you all seen it? Irene showed it tp Gabrielle a few years ago and it is gabrielle's favorite Indian movie.

I wonder if you all have heard Aaj Mausam Bada Beimann Hai from the Monsoon Wedding soundtrack. Very old track. My dad translates it to "The weather is unfaithful, not favorable. But if someone does something and is unlucky they can use it as a phrase, like The Weather is unfavorable." It's by Mohammed Rafi. It's the song that I had in my head when I imagined Atticus before he was born. That along with this song from the eighties Indian movie Hero with Jackie Shroff are my favorite Indian songs.

Anyway, here are Megan's words:

Ok, time to stop trying to get it perfect... In no particular order (and yes, 24 is the new 10)
 
Teardrop - Massive Attack
Fade into You - Mazzy Star
The Cool, Cool River - Paul Simon (off 1964-1993)
Let it Be - The Beatles
Te Deum - Arvo Part
Valentine Heart - Tanita Tikaram
Angels Song - Bodhi Busick
Cello Song - Nick Drake
Amazing Grace - Ani Difranco (off Living in Clip)
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
O Pallanhaare - Lata Mangeshkar & Udit Narayan on the Lagaan Soundtrack
The Wind - Cat Stevens
Twinkle Little Star - The Read Letter
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack
The Cross - Prince
As - Stevie Wonder
More Than This - Roxy Music
Promenade - U2
In This Heart - Sinead O'Connor
The Flesh Failures (Let the Sunshine In) - Hair
Dancing to the Rhythm - Stevie Wonder (off Natural Wonder)
Starfish and Coffee - Prince
Life is Good - Los Lobos
May This Be Love - Emmylou Harris
 
Wow, this is really mellow (for the most part). Hopefully I will perk up as he gets older.
 
Enjoy Atticus!
 
Megan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home