Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Daniel Glinsky Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 12:09 AM
To: hilesh@gmail.com

Hi,

Its Daniel from http://www.rare-lyrics.com, lately I've been adding more information to our artist pages and I'm currently getting some quality tanita tikaram links for our visitors. Anyway, I've added your site to our tanita tikaram page. I would be very grateful if you would link back to us at http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/T/Tanita-Tikaram.html (Tanita Tikaram Lyrics). If you would like us to make any changes to your text link even if you decide not to link back or would like more linking information, please just reply and let us know.

My link is as follows:
Title: Tanita Tikaram Lyrics Lyrics
URL: http://lyrics.rare-lyrics.com/T/Tanita-Tikaram.html

Page: hilesh.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_hilesh_archive.html

Regards,

Daniel Glinsky
Rare Lyrics Webmaster
P.O. Box 350
Mount Austin, NSW
Australia, 2650
http://www.rare-lyrics.com

______________________________________

I like this one, not Tanita Tikaram, from his site....



from the depth of the pacific
to the height of everest
and still the world is smoother
than a shiny ball-bearing
so i take a few steps back
and put on a wider lens
and it changes your skin,
your sex, and what your wearing
distance shows your silloutte
to be a lot like mine
like a sphere is a sphere
and all of us here
have been here all the time

you brought me to church,
cinder blocks, flourescent light
you brought me to church
at 7o'clock on a sunday night
and the band was rocking
and the floors were scrubbed clean
and everybody had a tambourine

so i took a deep breath and became
the white girl with the hair
and you sat right beside me
while everybody stared
and through the open window
i think the singing went outside
and floated up to tell
all the stars not to hide
cuz by the time church let out
the sky was much clearer
and the moon was so beautiful,
that the ocean held up a mirror

as we walked home we spoke slowly
we spoke slow,
and we spoke lowly
like it was taking more time
than usual to choose
the words to go
with your squeaky sandle shoes
like time is not a thing
that's ours to lose

from the height of the pacific
to the depths of everest

______________________________________


and this one is Tanita


If I was a Londoner, rich with complaint
Would you take me back to your house
Which is sainted with lust and the listless shade
If I could have held you once more with that light
It's nothing to you, but it keeps me alive
Like a Valentine's Day, it's a Valentine's heart, anyway
The king and the ages, they fall by the plan
It's always the tired and the ordinary man
(It's the) challenge it's funny and such
I want to see you again
I want to see you again
It's so simple and plain
But I'll come back and see you again
The lie is the angel, it doesn't exist
I tell you it's funny but you like just to twist all my words
It's a shame you're so young
My word, it's a shame I'm so dumb
I figure a house with the smoke and the fence
The people round here would be pleased
Take my word on this
I would believe just in you, just believe in you
And five days to catch me around with my ring
As I visit the friendships which meant everything to the girl
With the clown's face, to the girl with the clowns face, round here

7 Comments:

Blogger unit410 said...

whoa, so I dont know if you were there for it, but we played this at our wedding. and two, I had no idea that there were more fans of Tanita than D, my sister, and myself. Most excellent to see this post. Fantastic. And yes, we are this far behind reading blogs. Sorry about the delay.

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger messages said...

You know, it was actually the great ape who put "If I was a Londoner" on a mix tape way back when and I was firmly hooked.

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listening to this ani song always puts a smile in my heart

beats 2be sent across the ocean

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger messages said...

A person very dear to me put that song on a mixtape. I still listen to it.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got this song from you wonderful guys... parliament and fruit dumplings with cottage cheese... by chance i found this site...
a big hug across the ocean
and beste gratulation zum vater sein, meine tochter ist inzwischen 3 einhalb.alles liebe, nadja

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear hilesh, i got this wonderful song from you - on a mixtape - winter 1999. it is more than a pitty that we lost contact!
a big hug across the ocean!!!!
nadja
ps.my daughter is 3 and a half

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home