Wednesday, November 23, 2005

So it's been awhile since I've written anything here. Such a bad man am I. Snow is falling and though it seems ages since my last words here it's probably only been weeks. A lot can happen in a few weeks. Gabrielle fell off a horse and hurt her ankle. She is recovering and getting better but the actual moment, for which I was not present, was painful and emotional and scary. We had a little tiff yesterday because she wanted to be pampered. She she said, "I thought I was going to be pampered more." And though at that moment I chided her it is true. She should be. More. Every kid deserves that.

My father had emergency surgery this past Saturday. He too is fine and probably in need of pampering too. It is a long story and one I don't want to get into here. My father's health problems are many and hearing he had to have surgery a day before he went in ended up making me sick and immediately after I found out he was ok I crashed and burned. That lasted until just this past Monday.

What is it about fathers? Or is it men? I've talked to my friend Arturo about this and my wife as well - maybe it is immigrant fathers....but I think not. It's just that these men keep everything inside and at some point it affects their body and from there things decline. And after this weekend I find that I am doing that too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home