Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My first gut reaction was a feeling of joy, moving on the crest of a wave and looking forward as if someone picked me up by my collar and flung me forward out of the waiting room of life. Ships sail by me and I find myself with an oar on a plank of wood setting course straight ahead, moving forward in the time-sense of forward. And since we are always moving forward, I guess I am just riding a wave as is my friend.

I don't know if anyone remembers this movie but in Teachers, there is a scene where escaped mental patient Richard Mulligan impersonates a history teacher and gets all his students on a desk to re-enact Washington crossing the Delaware.

That's exactly how I feel.

In other news, my sister started her job in DC. It sounds like long exhausting days but it also sounds like she is loving it. Cheers.

The German site R.A.M. has video of Albert Ayler among others. Feel free to check it out. I love the host, he's so demure and forbidding in what looks like an unused room in his apartment. Andrew Bird and Daniel Johnston are shown as well. As is the wonderful Antony. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home