Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I am starting some experiments in order to complete a few paintings I have been wanting to do for awhile. Initially I had wanted these ideas to be for a mural but I needed to scale that down. One of the paintings that sold at the auction, called Vincent, was the product of an accident. I had spray painted a face onto a mini canvas about a year or two ago, red on black. This year I sprayed the whole thing with green and at first glance (far off) you could see nothing but closer you could see the face underneath, hidden almost. It turned out great and the person who bought it loved it for that reason and more.

So I wanted to try something similar. I've noticed that on wood or any smooth surface, layering like I did before - something underneath covered by a whole top coat - will not only show up but be slightly raised, so you can physically feel it.

LinkSo I want all these alien guy figures, silhouettes in the background, underneath then I want to cover it with black and put tiny flames over their head. It's only beginning and may end up really cheesy but everything starts as it starts. You just see where it goes.

I am also working on a design for Shirts Against.

And friend and fellow artist Lazlo hipped me to this site with the preface if this isn't hilesh, what is?